Before discussing about steps I want to discuss the causes of SharePoint Database corruption: hard disk crash, media corruption, virus attacks, MDF file corruption, Software malfunctioning, hardware failure, system failure, sudden system shutdown, human errors etc.
These handy tips will help you to recover your SharePoint Database after corruption no matter how it occurs:
- In case of SharePoint database corruption, first analyze the cause of corruption.
- If you believe something is wrong with your computer shut it down, Do not try to restart your computer because you may do more damage.
- Use your system as little as possible until you recover all of your lost files.
- Do not install any new software after data loss. Backup your data frequently.
- Routine data backup is the best solution to avoid data loss. Some people take backups, but they do not check backup files & when they try to restore data from backup file they found that backup files get corrupted So check backup on regular basis. Through updated backup we can easily restore our corrupted SharePoint Database.
- DO NOT make a backup of the database to the same drive.
- Before you go further, try to free up some space on the disk containing your lost SharePoint files. The more free space your system has the less chance of overwriting any lost files with new ones because overwriting files have no chance to recover.
- Running a SharePoint Recovery program before doing anything else with your computer will give you the best chance at being able to recover your data before it is overwritten.
Now point is come what SharePoint Recovery Software should be choose. You can try Stellar SharePoint Database Recovery Software to recover corrupt SharePoint Database. Stellar SharePoint Recovery Software come with easy to follow screen guide and can recover the lost SharePoint database only in few clicks. Stellar Phoenix SharePoint server recovery software repair corrupted SharePoint database & mdf files. It recover SharePoint sites. Compatible with the Microsoft SharePoint server 2007 and 2010.