Some times when we open SharePoint sites it display this error:
Unable to connect to the database STS_Config on server01\SharePoint.
Check the database connection information and make sure that the database
server is running.
Possible cause of this issue:
- When the SharePoint Timer Service tries to contact the configuration database when the computer starts or shuts down. By default, the configuration database in Windows SharePoint Services is named STS_config.
- The another cause of this problem is Connectivity issues between WFE and DB Server.
- If the account you using to access your DB is disabled you will get this error.
How to resolve this error:
- To resolve 1 cause: connect Windows SharePoint Services Web site successfully than you can safely ignore this error message.
- To resolve 2 cause you need to run a indefinite ping command on the WFE to DB server (ping -t yourdbserverip). Let it run for few hours and then press ctrl+c it will give you summary about packet loss etc. this will help you find how good your connection is.
- To resolve 3 cause Check your account setting.
But it is also possible that After taking all above steps the problem will not solved if this situation occurs then try SharePoint Recovery Software. This software is very easy to use.
Stellar Phoenix SharePoint Recovery Software is one of the best recovery tool to resolve this issue. The Software resolved above issue & recover SharePoint database in most possible cause of corruption.